Sunday, January 11, 2009

England!!!

Well we've been here for almost 2 weeks now and I can't even begin to tell you about everything that has happened. Our trip here was pretty uneventful but very stressful when we got to London. We had 8 bags and no one knew where the bus to Mildenhall was. Thankfully there was someone that was headed that way and could tell us where to go. We made it to the base and into our temporary little apartment and slept!!! John started what they call FTAC last Monday so Haylee and I have been running all over base getting stuff ready to move into a house.
We found a really nice little 2 story house in a village called West Row. It's right by the base which is nice and it has everything that we need. We move in Friday and we can't wait! We also found a car and still can't believe what it is....we bought a red Audi A4!!!! It's a little older but absolutely beautiful and so much fun to drive! We also got Haylee a big girl carseat and she is thrilled. Now instead of crying the whole time we drive, she talks and laughs. Thank God for that! We are getting used to driving over here. Their intersections are roundabouts and those can be confusing since we have to yield to the right instead of the left. It's also very weird having the rest of the car to the left of us. It throws your perception off so you really have to pay attention.
Haylee seems to be adjusting really well. She doesn't want to take naps anymore which is very frustrating for mommy but we're making it through! She's talking more and more and is into EVERYTHING! She already has a fan club wherever she goes, no surprise there, and entertains everyone she meets. =)
All in all, we love it! We can't wait to get moved into our house and get our stuff here and really get settled into our life here. I already love going to the street market on Fridays to get our fresh produce and the butcher shop to get our meat. We have been to Cambridge and Norwich and a lot of the area around Mildenhall. It's a beautiful area with so much history and it's exactly what we pictured England to be. We are really starting to miss family and can't wait for you guys to come visit us!!! I will put pictures up as soon as I can, I just haven't found a computer that I can upload pictures on yet.
We love you all and miss you lots!!!!


Very sleepy after we got off the plane


We had a LOT of luggage!


The front gate sign


It's VERY cold here!



Fresh produce from the market



Our new car! (Yes the steering wheel is on the right side)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That all sounds so fantastic! I CAN'T wait for pictures! England is probably my favorite place in the world. You're so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds amazing so far! I'm glad you like the Friday markets. I loved that about Holland too. I'm so excited that you guys already found a house. I'm sure it's lovely. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all the updates. Ah, 1 question, do they have photo radar camera there? I know that was pretty much all they had in Holland. Watch out for those bad boys! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you guys sooooo much already!!! It sounds fantastic over there and we can't wait to come visit. Give Haylee hugs and kisses from Pup & KK!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete