Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Getting settled

Well we moved into our house last Friday and are now just waiting for all of our household goods to get here. We bought a love seat which will be delivered Friday so we will have a little more sitting room until we can get a couch. It feels so good to come home!!! It's a semi-detached (townhouse) 2 story house in a town called West Row and has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths plus a gorgeous kitchen and big french doors out to our backyard. I've already pictured how to set everything up and we are very eager to get our stuff and really make it home. Haylee seems to be adjusting well and loves to help me with household chores and doing all the normal girly things =) John will finish inprocessing on the base this week and will officially start at the shop on Monday. He is very eager to start doing the job he spent 6 months training for!!! He will start off in the Servicing department of AGE and drive the equipment onto the flight line and get a chance to really see how things are done around the shop.

We spent the day in London yesterday and absolutely loved it!!! We parked in a city near London and took the Tube into the heart of the city. We spent a lot of the day just figuring out where everything is so now when we go we will have an easier time getting around. We took The Original Bus Tour around the city and then toured Westminster Abbey. It was incredible to be in the place where some of the most famous people are buried and where thousands of people have worshiped for centuries. We also got on a boat tour on the River Thames and saw the Tower of London which will be the next place we tour when we go back. It was so neat to see everything that we have spent our whole lives hearing about up close and personal. Of course our camera had to die halfway through the day but since we know we will be back, it was ok. As soon as our stuff gets here and I have our computer I will put up pictures of everything, promise!!!

We did get cell phones and if I didn't email you our number let me know and I will get it to you. We love you all and miss you! Let us know how you are doing, it's been hard not being able to just pick up the phone and call so let us know!The front of our house. Ours is the one on the right.


Our Backyard

Half of the living room

Other half of the living room

The beautiful kitchen!!!

Our bedroom


One of our 3 bathrooms

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you!! I'm dying to see pictures! When are you going to get your stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new home sounds just beautiful! And big too! I googled West Row and it looks very peaceful, lots of farm! How long does it take you to get to London from your house? It sounds like you guys are doing very well with adjusting.

    I was also looking at airfares for when I come visit, which I totally am! And I was thinking of after I see you guys I would go back down to Holland. I want to take the ferry across. So if you're ever down there and see it, let me know how it looks! lol

    Not much is new here. Today I've just been sitting here at work watching the inauguration, waiting patiently for Mountain Ridge to march by. Did you know they are in the parade? They had to raise $375,000 to go. I think they were about $40,000 short, which the parents have to pay. ouch. I know this because the lady in the office across from me has a daughter in the band. I made a hefty donation of $60! lol. I'm sure that really helped.

    Anyways, I sure do miss you and I sure am jealous of your new home. Hope your stuff arrives soon! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you like CRAZY this week! I'm so glad you went to London and can't wait to see pics! Love you!

    ReplyDelete